With lockdown restrictions starting to ease, we have decided to put the Corona Network on hiatus for the foreseeable. Please note that there will be no updates to the website but the resource remains available for all in the meantime. Stay safe and well!
Positive news, ideas + events
Some thoughts and information on how to take care of your mental health whilst social distancing or self-isolating.
- Insight Timer: Free app for sleep, anxiety + stress
- New York Times: An outdoor-themed self-guided meditation
- Om & Bass: Wellness + Joy Festival (25 + 26 April) has moved online for free!
- Teen Tips: Free daily Q&As on mental health + wellbeing at 11.00 BST
- Role Models: Online (paid) courses that promote children’s mental wellbeing + life skills
- Smart TMS: Free mental health support helpline
- Anxiety UK: Advice and helpline from Anxiety UK
- World Economic Forum: How to manage mental wellbeing
- Mental Health Foundation: Looking after mental health during the pandemic
- OCD Action: Skype and phone support groups for those suffering from OCD
- Place 2 Be: How to talk to children about coronavirus
- Sadhguru Meditation: Free guided 15 minute meditation
- Monday Communion: One hour every Monday to create a community from disparate places
- Headspace: Mindfulness App for everyday life
- Calm: App for meditation + sleep
- CovidKind: Hopeful news, small comforts and acts of kindness + solidarity
- Twitter: While the aquarium is closed to the public, the penguins get to go explore!
- BBC Teach: Free curriculum-mapped videos, arranged by age-group and subject
- Creativebug: Free video arts + crafts workshops and techniques
- The Happy Newspaper: A newspaper to spread all that’s good in the world
- edX: 2,300+ free courses from 140 top institutions
- NHS Volunteer Responders: Volunteer ‘army’ to support the NHS and care sector
- Rob Biddulph: Weekly children’s drawing class with World Book Day Illustrator
- pebble magazine: Daily email for cheering tips on sustainable lifestyle + green living
- Brixton Yoga: Daily Zoom yoga sessions for all levels